top of page
Fishing & Hunting Licenses

Wyoming is blessed with great hunting and fishing opportunities from border to border.  Below is the fee listing for those out experiencing all that Wyoming offers in terms of fishing and hunting.  Enjoy the beautiful outdoors of this incredible state and remember to follow the rules and regulations so that future generations may enjoy them as well!  Please remember, private lands in Wyoming need to have permission secured prior to entering, even if the lands are not posted – it is the responsibility of the sportsperson to know their respective location.  Stream bottoms in Wyoming are private property to the middle of the river if adjacent to private lands. Respect private lands as this action preserves private property access options for people in the state of Wyoming. Fees, regulations and property ownership may change at any time so please make sure to confirm these before heading into the field.

For complete Wyoming regulations, please follow the link below to the Wyoming Game & Fish website:

Wyoming Game & Fish
Resident Fishing License Types & Fees

*Requires the purchase of the annual Wyoming Conservation Stamp as well. 

Note: Annual licenses are now annual in length, meaning they are valid one year from the date of purchase.
Note: Anglers under the age of 14 do not need a license for fishing but any creel limit goes to the adult angler. 

Non-Resident Fishing License Types & Fees
Wyoming Boating Regulations - Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS)

The threat to Wyoming’s waterways and lakes is real and as a result, the Wyoming Game and Fish is taking the threat seriously.  There are now regulations in place to protect these water and sporting resources that all persons owning or using watercraft should be aware of.  Any watercraft transported into Wyoming from March 1 through November 30 must undergo a MANDATORY INSPECTION by an authorized inspector prior to launching into water.  Furthermore, any watercraft that has been in a water known to be infested or occupied with Zebra/Quagga Mussels within the last 30 days is required to undergo a MANDATORY INSPECTION by an authorized inspector prior to launching during all months of the year.  All watercraft must stop at any open watercraft check station on their route of travel, even if not intending to launch in Wyoming.   AIS decals can be purchased at any Wyoming Game and Fish office, at any licensed Wyoming Game and Fishing License Selling Agent or online at the Wyoming Game and Fish website located here:

All watercraft using Wyoming waters are required to display an Aquatic Invasive Species decal.

Resident AIS Decals
Non-Resident AIS Decals

Does your watercraft need an Aquatic Invasive Species Decal (AIS) Decal?  Click this link to determine if your watercraft needs a decal:

STOP THE SPREAD by following these three easy steps after you boat:

1. DRAIN all water from your boat including the motor, bilge, live well, and ballast areas.

2. CLEAN all mud, plants and debris from your boat. The plants can be invasive and mud and plants can also harbor other Aquatic Invasive Species.

3. DRY your boat well before using it in another water. We recommend drying it for at least 5 days in the hot summer, 18 days in the spring or fall, or 3 days in the winter when temperatures are freezing.

For any further information, please click the link below to be directed to the Wyoming Game and Fish AIS page.

Thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of aquatic invasive species!


Hunting in Wyoming can be an incredible experience with so much diversity in landscape and a variety of opportunities. Due to the complexity of hunting laws and regulations in Wyoming, please visit the Wyoming Game and Fish Department website for the most up-to-date information pertaining to hunting in Wyoming. 

Wind River Tribal Reservation

Any non-tribal member is required to have a valid fishing (also known as a trespassing permit for non- anglers) permit for each person while on tribally controlled lands (whether they are fishing or not) within the boundaries of the Wind River Tribal Reservation.  This license is valid from January 1 of each year until the end of the calendar year for annual permits or for the time specified on daily and multi-day permits. Remember, if traveling through the reservation (except federal, state or county highways) you must have this permit for the day or days in which your travel occurs.  Furthermore, most waters on tribal lands close for fishing on September 30th with the notable exception being Wind River Canyon which is open year-round.  For complete regulations on WRIR lands, please follow this link:

Resident WRIR Tribal Fishing License Types & Fees

Note: Every license type needs to have a recreation stamp for it. This is a one-time purchase. 

Non-Resident WRIR Tribal Fishing License Types & Fees

Note: Every license type needs to have a recreation stamp for it. This is a one-time purchase. 

Hunting on the Wind River Indian Reservation

Hunting is not permitted on lands of the Wind River Indian Reservation except for those individuals who are enrolled members of the Shoshone or Arapahoe tribes. For more information, please contact the Wind River Tribal Game and Fish at the link below:

Where to Purchase Licenses

Licenses may be purchased at both One Stop Market and Wind River Outdoor Company in Lander, WY. 

bottom of page